5 Union Square West
New York, NY 10003
The Hunger Project seeks to end hunger and poverty by empowering people to lead lives of self-reliance, meet their own basic needs and build better futures for their children. The Hunger Project carries out its mission through three essential activities: mobilizing village clusters at the grassroots level to build self-reliance, empowering women as key change agents, and forging effective partnerships with local government.
THP and its affiliated Partner Countries have a worldwide staff of more than 300 people. THP's Global Office is located in New York, NY. THP operates in 11 Program Countries: Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Malawi, Mexico, Mozambique, Senegal and Uganda. THP partners with local organizations in Bolivia and Peru. THP Partner Countries, which fundraise for our programs in the developing world, include: Australia, Belgium, Canada, Germany, Japan, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
Our vision is a future where:
- every day, every person has enough of the right food to be healthy and productive
- babies are born healthy and strong, and girl babies are prized as much as boy babies
- women and girls are full partners in society
- people have control over their own lives and destinies, and individuals have a chance to contribute
- the values of honoring human beings and nature flourish