Geography: United States
4900 NC Hwy 55, Suite 160-131
Durham, NC 27713
About Indigo Consortium
Indigo Consortium provides recovery-focused services and transitional housing for women. The organisation's goal is to break the cycle of homelessness and re-establish self-esteem and self-sufficiency by addressing the social and environmental issues that negatively impact women.
Areas of Concern
Indigo Consortium identified two very distinct areas of concern:
- transitional housing for women experiencing homelessness and living with HIV/AIDS;
- the increased risk of women Veterans experiencing homelessness.
The need of affordable housing that is safe and supportive as women move towards independent living is imperative.
- Transitional Housing: Indigo Consortium operates two separate transitional housing programs for women only, each residence serves women in an individualized way and both are linked to vital supportive services.
- Education and Employability: Ensuring that all residents have a GED/and or ESL is a step towards improving each woman’s standard of living. Through career counseling. residents can continue their education by enrolling in a program of interest.
- International Missions - Caps and Gowns for Liberia’s Youth: The youth of Liberia who graduate from high school and college receive their diplomas without a cap and gown. Help is needed to collect 200 caps and gowns for these graduating seniors.