A Global Conversation: Women Leaders Respond to the United Nations General Assembly (Conference)
Barnard College President Debora Spar, the Women in Public Service Project, and the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars cordially invite you to an evening of dialogue and discussion.
Please join them for an exploration of key issues facing the Assembly of special significance to women. Speakers will include current and former women prime ministers and presidents as well as:
- Jane Harman, President of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
- Rangita de Silva de Alwis, Director of the Women in Public Service Project and Womens Leadership Initiatives at the Wilson Center
- Melanne Verveer, United States Ambassador-at-Large for Global Women's Issues
- Farah Pandith, Special Representative to Muslim Communities for the United States Department of State
- Debora Spar, President of Barnard College
Following the panel, the speakers will be joined by a select group of students from the nations most prestigious womens collegesBarnard, Bryn Mawr, Mills, Mount Holyoke, Mount Saint Marys, Scripps, Smith, and Wellesleyas they continue this important conversation, offering their unique perspectives as young women leaders.
Barnard College Diana Center Event Oval (New York, NY)
117th Street and Broadway
New York, NY 10027